Sat, 20 Apr|
The Whiskey Jar
International Whisk(e)y Day with Maverick - The Whiskey Jar Tastings #8 (1)
We're celebrating International Whisk(e)y day with a tasting made up of 5 whiskies from 5 countries.
Time & Location
20 Apr 2019, 19:45 – 23:45
The Whiskey Jar, 14 Tariff St, Manchester M1 2FF, UK
About The Event
It's nearly International Whisk(e)y Day and we have Maverick Drinks in the house with whiskies from 5 different countries.
Maverick Drinks work very closely with brands and don't rely on big companies which gives them a big scope to work with a lot of unique and lesser known brands, some of which you can expect to see and try on the night.
On the night, expect:
• A private tasting including 5 drams of whisky
• A cocktail on arrival
• Discounted whisky & cocktails before, during and after the event
The brands that will be with us on the night are:
- Teeling: When it opened its doors in March 2015, Teeling became the first new distillery in Dublin for over 125 years. Since then they have taken a very modern approach with how the use casks and how they make their whiskey.
- Few Spirits: FEW Spirits is an American craft distillery based in Evanston, Illinois, just outside of Chicago. They pride themselves on producing everything from grain to glass; every aspect of the production of their spirits is done by them.
- Wolfburn: When founded in 2013 it became the northernmost distillery in mainland Scotland. It's situated within 350 metres of the site of the original Wolfburn distillery, dating from 1821, which closed its doors back in the nineteenth century.
- Milk & Honey: Founded in 2012, M&H was Israel’s first whisky distillery. Dedicated to artisanal processes, the M&H team create young single malt spirit, Levantine gin and herbal liqueurs in Tel Aviv.
- Brenne: Founded in 2012 by whisky entrepreneur, Alison Parc, Brenne Whisky is crafted from seed to spirit in the heart of Cognac, France in very limited batches. It's produced in collaboration with a cognac house and uses cognac barrels.
This is the third of many tastings that we are going to have this year, the rest are still to be announced so keep an eye out.
Please note that this event is downstairs in our basement and starts at 6:45pm with the tasting starting strictly at 7pm.
- Ticket type
International Whiskey TastingPrice£15.00